Golf NL x Growlers Academy Summer Camp
May 2, 2023
Golf NL and the Newfoundland Growlers are once again teaming up to offer the second annual Golf/Hockey camp for the U13 and U15 age groups (this upcoming minor hockey season) that allows any participant of any skill (golf or hockey) the opportunity to learn and sharpen skills at both sports.
Golf NL, they will provide the guidance, expertise, and equipment (balls, tee’s, and clubs) if you are new to the game so what an opportunity to learn a new sport in a safe and positive environment.
Lottery Selection Process
Due to the popular demand families will have until Friday, May 12th at 11:59 p.m. NST to submit their names for participation in the program.
U13 / U15 Golf Hockey Camp Details
COST: $299.99 plus HST
- Player eligible if born in these ages *Ages reflect what the kid will be playing next season*
- U13: 2011 and 2012
- U15: 2009 and 2010
- Dates: June 27th – 29th (U13 & U15)
- On ice location: Jack Byrne Arena (mornings)
- Golf locations: Pitch & Putt, Captain’s Hill (9-hole) and North Course (9-18 hole) in the afternoon
- Transportation: Provided, all that is required is drop off and pick up from Jack Byrne Arena.
- Lunch: Day 1 & 2 bring your own but day 3 pizza party & drinks to be provided.
- Structure of the camp (if you start on-ice):
- On-ice, 8:45-10:00am & 10:15-11:30am
- Lunch 11:45am-12:15pm
- Golf talk with a different theme each day, 12:15-12:30pm
- Bus to golf course 12:30pm
- Golf, 1:00-4:00pm
- Bus back to Jack Byrne Arena, 4:00pm
- Structure of the camp (if you start at the course):
- Bus to golf course from Jack Byrne Arena 830am
- Golf talk with a different theme each day at the course for 845am
- Golf, 9am-noon
- Bus back to Jack Byrne Arena at noon
- Lunch 12:30-1pm
- On-ice 1:15pm-2:30pm & 2:45-4pm
- Growlers Academy Jersey and a swag bag of necessary sports items for the camp to be provided.
- Lottery selection process – families will have until Friday, May 12th at 11:59 p.m. NST to submit their names for participation in the program. Once the registration window closes, a random selection will occur to determine the participants for this program